Outlook Folder Sync issue with new IMAP server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am hoping someone here can perhaps tell me what's happening and maybe even how to fix it! I've been working on migrating my works emails from one service provider and service to another. My initial drag and drop copying worked fine and all the folders were created and synced with the IMAP server. However when I went to moved the folders back and went to duplicate the process I am now getting sync errors. I have found that if I manually create the folder and copy the e-mail messages that everything works fine, so the issue is in the folder. I have backed everything up to a new PST and used the scanpst tool to until no more errors were present, then tried moving the folders back but had no luck.

I don't see this being a major issue for our email migration but if someone accidently moves a folder to another e-mail account and tries to move it back I can see an IT headache... The quick fix is just to manually create a new folder but for some people we may be talking about a large number of folders.

I get this error initally for every mail item in the folder -

19:20:45                              [8004DF03-0-0-322]

After that is done I only ever get one error ongoing

19:20:51 Error in folder 'Drew'

19:20:51                              [80040107-0-0-733]

19:20:51 Terminated in error

19:20:51                              [80040107-0-0-733]

Again in this case if I rename the old folder to Drew2 then remake the folder (in this case drew) and copy the messages into it. Then delete the old empty folder (now named drew2) and then remove it from trash everything syncs fine. This tells me the problem must be with the folder but for the life of me cant figure out what that might be.

Thank you for your assistance!!

Friday, January 6, 2017 12:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For Outlook folder sync issues with IMAP Server, Try to open Outlook in Safe Mode to determine if it's 3rd-party add-ins related:

Firstly you should Learn here how to open Outlook in safe mode  .

If there’s no problem in Safe Mode, disable the suspicious add-ins to verify which add-ins caused this issue.

Creating a new profile might help you.

Since a new profile always helps many users, we suggest you can have a try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

I hope it will help you !!

Regards.

• Edited by aliceaggie Friday, January 6, 2017 10:11 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Creating a new profile and opening safe mode have already been tried.
    Friday, January 6, 2017 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?

Can you always reproduce this issue with different mail folders? If possible, we may also try testing with different IMAP account to see if this issue continues.

>>Creating a new profile and opening safe mode have already been tried.

If you have tried creating a new mail profile and the issue is still happening, it could be that the issue lies with the server side. Please also try moving all emails from the problematic folder to a new one from the webmail interface and then move it back. Then, try clicking Send/Receive All Folders button in Outlook to see the result.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, January 16, 2017 9:39 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 6:57 AM