Offline User automatically accepts calls for others??!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we're struggeling with a really strange problem. We migrated four users from OCS 2007 R2 to Lync and when we're now trying to call three of these four persons, the fourth person (which is offline!!) automatically accepts the incoming calls for the others...

If the fourth person is online, it seems to work. Also it's only this one special person we have this problem with, the other three accounts don't have the same bevahiour when they're offline.

Any ideas? This is really annoying! Thanks in advance 

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• If I read this correctly these four persons have a teamcall/delegate group?
    What do you mean with the call is forwared to the person's D mailbox? The notification of a missed call or is the call transfered to the voicemail?
    What do you hear when person D automatically accepts the incoming call?

Also, have you looked into your monitoring/reporting logs, what does it say?

If you dont see anything strange in your logs just delete the user from Lync, clear the computer of anything that is Lync related. After that add this person again into Lync but make sure that this person is indeed deleted from Lync. User settings are kept in the Lync database and if there is something wrong with the settings it is possible this person will get those settings back.

Actually there are no specific user settings that I can think of that can make this happen.
    BTW There are phones (like a snom) that can be configured with auto anwser

• Edited by Lucrezia30 Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:18 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:11 AM

All replies

• For me it is a bit confusing what the problem is. This fourth person is offline, offline because the user is not in the office offline?
    What you mean with: accepts the incoming calls for the others? Also if the fourth person is online it seems to work?

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Agree with Lucrezia30!

What is the status of your fourth person?

If you sign out the client, you will never accept the incoming calls.

Did you set up the call forwarding by the sentence “the fourth person (which is offline!!) automatically accepts the incoming calls for the others”.

Can you find some differences between the fourth user and other three users?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Ok, I'll try to make it more clear...

There are four persons, one of these (Person D) is offline (computer is turned off) and this user who is offline and doesn't even have his computer turned on, automatically accepts the incoming calls, even if I directly call one of the other three.

Example: I call person A, B or C and just a second after we see the incoming call, it says "call accepted by person D (which is the offline user) and the call is forwarded to person Ds mailbox instantly.

How is that possible? This also happens with the incoming calls in their reponse group...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:16 AM
  • If I read this correctly these four persons have a teamcall/delegate group?
    What do you mean with the call is forwared to the person's D mailbox? The notification of a missed call or is the call transfered to the voicemail?
    What do you hear when person D automatically accepts the incoming call?

Also, have you looked into your monitoring/reporting logs, what does it say?

If you dont see anything strange in your logs just delete the user from Lync, clear the computer of anything that is Lync related. After that add this person again into Lync but make sure that this person is indeed deleted from Lync. User settings are kept in the Lync database and if there is something wrong with the settings it is possible this person will get those settings back.

Actually there are no specific user settings that I can think of that can make this happen.
    BTW There are phones (like a snom) that can be configured with auto anwser

• Edited by Lucrezia30 Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:18 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:11 AM