Vista claims Video card does not meet minimum requirements Nvida7600GT problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys, I'm trying to figure out why Vista is telling me this.  I have the Nvidia 7600GT video card which meets vistas requirements and I still get this error.  I assume it's because I don't have the correct drivers installed.  I have been to the manufactures website and downloaded the latest drivers, however it still doesn't like my card.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  More specifically I get the error when I try to use the DVD maker.  The machine will also display the BSOD if I try to access the Windows Energy screen saver. 

BTW, I'm running Vista Ultimate 6.0

-Rick

Friday, January 19, 2007 10:46 PM

All replies

• Same problem with a ati mobility radeon 9600.
    Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:18 AM
  • Ok, once I had the proper Vista drivers installed, I had to update my score on the Rate and improve your computers performance page.  Hit the windows button then type performance information in the search bar.  It will pull up the window you need.  Then hit update my score on the right side of the window about half way down.

Let me know if this works for you, as it did for me.

-Rick

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:51 PM
  • While that is true, the FX series were the 5*** series, while the card in question is now 2 generations ahead of that, and IT DOES SUPPORT Dx9

I tested with 7300GS, 7300GT, and 7600GS, and I encountered no prolem at all, and I just used the default Microsoft driver that was bundled with Vista. So that is weird

Monday, March 5, 2007 3:33 AM
  • Hello,

Did you also test 7300gs with sli, it does not work by me it says one of my display adapters is incompatibly or something like that

Friday, July 6, 2007 10:23 AM
  • 1. Are you sure you downloaded and installed a Vista driver and not an XP driver?

2. There should be driver support for this card inbox I would assume. Go do an Uninstall of the new driver you installed (and opt to [X] "Delete the driver software for this device" and restart when prompted

3. Have Vista detect your graphics card and install the driver. If a driver is not found inbox, launch Windows Update and look for optional / recommended graphics card updates for this device and reboot if requested.

4. Go to Control Panel - System and Maintenance - Perforance Information and Tools and click Refresh Now or Update my score.

5. Once the testing is complete try running DVD Maker.

Good luck.

Friday, July 6, 2007 4:48 PM