none
DPM 2010 tape backup fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

i am getting the following error message.  

Error Description:The number of freetapes in the Tape Lirary HP MSL G3 Series Library is less than or equals the threshold value of 4. you must add tape to the library and mark it as free in order to prevent furture backups from failing. (ID 3305).

i am using the HP MSl G3 tape library and sure  of that all my backups can goes to single tape .

Any idea about this. My tape library device drivers are up to date. is this error message means , is that really require more tapes ?

Please advice.

thanks..

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is an information warining message only.  If you have less that 10% slots free, you will get that alert.  If you don't inactivate it, you won't see new ones.
    Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 3:52 PM
  • I have a same problem. 
    We are using IBM TS 3573 with 22 slots. 6 slots is empty. 4 tapes is permanently expired.  Every day I received warning messages:

Tape Library : IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library

Description: Number of free tapes is less than or equals the threshold value.

Threshold is 4 - this is 20%.

Can I set this threshold to lower percent?

Thanks..

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Hi,

The warning threshold is not configurable, the warnings can be ignored if you can't fill the library with tapes or not enough are marked expired or free.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 1, 2010 4:04 AM