none
Backup fails with "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0x80070020)" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using BMR & System State Backup of one physical machine and I just got the following error on one DPM I am managing:

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0x80070020))

The backup on the target system does complete without error if I look in the Windows Server Backup mmc.

What could be the problem with this backup. I could not really find a solution on the internet.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Monday, March 3, 2014 3:44 PM

Answers

• I get this issue when enable rss and Chimney at DPM server and protected server.

Chimney

To determine the current status of TCP Chimney Offload: netsh int tcp show global 
    To disable chimney: netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled 
    To enable chimney: netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled

RSS

To determine the current status of RSS, follow these steps: netsh int tcp show global

To disable RSS: netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled 
    To enable RSS: netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    from http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2012/02/06/data-protection-manager-agent-network-troubleshooting.aspx

Next i disable rss and chimley AND add DPM server to Administration group at protected server.

And issue was gone.

Have a nice day !!!

• Edited by EugeneLeitanMVP Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by PauloW4 Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies