none
cannot configure directaccess on server 2012 with two adapters RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to setup directaccess on server 2012 with two adapters, one connected to the intranet and one connected to the perimeter network. When I select the option "Behind an edge device (with two network adapters)" I get the error message "An external adapter with a valid IP address, IPv6 enabled and without a domain profile cannot be located".

In network and sharing center both adapters are assigned to the domain network. Is there anyway to get this to work? I tried to figure out how to assign one adapter to the domain network profile and one to a private profile but with no luck.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• I modified the windows firewall so that the adapter on the perimeter network had no access to the internal network, which caused that adapter to have a public profile.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I had this problem in my test network.

It is automatically assigned in network and sharing.

You have routing that is allowing the external adapter to see the domain traffic. Check what rules you have on the default gateway/firewall?

Regards, Rmknight

• Proposed as answer by rm_knight Friday, February 1, 2013 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:52 AM
  • I configured the firewall so that the perimeter network adapter could not access the internal network and now one adapter is in the domain profile and the other is in the public profile, so the problem is fixed.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Hi Craig

How did you map the Network adapters to the profiles? I found no information about how to do this.

Monday, February 4, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Hi,

There no way of doing this in the OS. it has to be done at a network level.

Make sure there is no routing between the external network and the Corp network.

Regards, Rmknight

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:20 AM
  • I modified the windows firewall so that the adapter on the perimeter network had no access to the internal network, which caused that adapter to have a public profile.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:20 PM