Finding the right software RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have mainly worked with Windows XP, so my knowledge of Vista is very limited. I have a new computer that i use for work, and I am still trying to figure out, what applications would best work.

This is a basic description of what I have to be able to do:

-Write and compose documents

-Maintain and publish a website

-Maintain files

-Edit photos

-Have the ability to teach two individuals that are 60+ years in age how to do all of the above.

So my questions are:

-Is there a big difference between Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 and their compatibilty with Vista?

-Someone recommended Microsoft Expression Studio package as a photo editor and website publisher and creator. Is this program user friendly or only for pro web designers?

-What software could you recommend for websites and photo editing that is easy to use and compatible with Vista?

Thank you all for your help, time, and consideration.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi

Your best strategy for this information is to ask the experts who actually support those products. Most support groups are focused on a single product, so it would be difficult to find one place to get information for so many different products. This forum is focused on the applications that are part of a default installation of Windows Vista.

Go to this website.

Discussions in Expression Discussion:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.expression.discussion&cat=en_US_22EA6DA6-A3C8-4952-9258-0B3CB2FC057A&lang=en&cr=US

This is the main support group for the 'Expression' software that you mentioned.

Look in the left side menu on that page and you will see support groups listed for every software product that Microsoft produces. For instance, if you expand the 'Office and Desktop Applications' item, you will see links to all of the different office applications groups, etc.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Friday, October 24, 2008 12:12 AM