none
GPOs are not applied - "The user does not have RSOP data"

Question

• Hello experts

I'm having issue with applying GPOs to some specific users when they logon to my computers.

I have one Windows 7 Professional N x64 in OU "Win7", and there are 2 GPOs applying on that OU. All users are allowed to logon to that computer because it's a public computer, however so far I have 2 users cannot have GPOs applied when they log onto that computer, dozens of users don't have this issues.

When I tried to get GPRESULT after those 2 users logon, I received the message as below

Drive Z is available when I ran that command, I tried with drive C and all drives which users have permissions to store data, I still have the same result.

In Group Policy Management Console, I double-checked all GPOs applying on that OU, and none of them have "Apply group policy - Deny" as below

Besides, Security Filtering of those GPOs have "Authenticated Users", so all users log onto that computer should have GPOs applied.

Please kindly let me know if you have any ideas or experience.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Ricky Ly,

Please check if the following method could work:

Try removing all GPO history from the user's profile by deleting this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\History

Then run gpupdate /force and gpresult /h again, check the result.

Note, remember to backup the register keys before you delete them.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 9, 2016 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricky,

1. Are User Settings configured in the GPO?
    2. Is the user-object in the scope of the GPO?
    3. Can you post the DACL of the GPOs not applying?

Off topic: In general I don''t deny the permission for "Apply Group Policy", I just remove the permission "Apply group Policy".

best regards
    Switch MCITP

Enterprise Administrator
    MCSA Windows Server 2012
    MCTS Windows 7 Configuration

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Edited by Switch1210 Thursday, September 8, 2016 7:23 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 7:23 AM
  • Hi Switch1210

Thank you very much for your time and kind reply, I really appreciate!

1. All of 2 GPOs have User Settings and Computer Settings

2. As mentioned, all of 2 GPOs will apply to all users log onto that computer.

3. Using Google, I know DACL is discretionary access control lists, however I don't know how to check it, could you please guide me?

In summary, this issue is really strange because only 2 users are not having GPOs applied, dozens of remaining users don't have this issues.

I look forward to your news.

Best Regards.

Friday, September 9, 2016 3:09 AM
  • Hi Ricky Ly,

Please check if the following method could work:

Try removing all GPO history from the user's profile by deleting this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\History

Then run gpupdate /force and gpresult /h again, check the result.

Note, remember to backup the register keys before you delete them.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 9, 2016 7:38 AM
  • Hi Ricky Ly,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:54 AM
  • Hi Anne

I'm sorry for long time no feedback, I've just been back from a long vacation. Unfortunately the problem still persist after trying your solution.

It's really strange that only few users have this problem, I think the cause of this problem relates to the users, not the computer. Because on the same computer, dozens of users do not have the problem except few of them.

Hopefully you or someone have other ideas/suggestions.

Thank you very much for your kind help and quick support.

Best Regards.

Friday, October 28, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Thanks Anne.

It works fine.

Felippe

Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:44 PM