Deploy Endpoint in SCCM RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have prepared all the configurations for deploying endpoint to clients, shall I prepare packages for deploying or just right click on collection and deploy to specific clients?

Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Not really sure what you mean with "Shall i prepare packages"?

I you want to deploy it you go into the "Client Settings" node of the administration tab and create a new "Device Client Settings".

Add Endpoint Protection and make sure "Manage Endpoint Protection client on client computers" and Install Endpoint protection client on client computers" are checked.

Right-click the newly created Client Settings and deploy it to a device collection.

You could also modify the default Client Settings but then it will be installed to all the systems with a configMgr client.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:41 AM
  • Thanks Samus, what I mean in my question is I have configured Client Setting and I had created device clients too, but when I want to deploy and run endpoint in clients it is not running, do I need package to run the agent in client computers? Because the agent already downloaded in client computers but not installed, I need service to run this endpoint..

Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Since you have the ConfigMgr client already installed, all you need to do is ensure you have Client Settings available to them with the 'Install endpoint protection client on client computes' option, as Samus wrote.  You do not need a package/program - this is all handled by the client settings.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:36 PM