none
Right Management Service and Sectigo Digital Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• we have been using Sectigo Digital Certificates for Email for quite some time now for identity verification. We have also recently launched Microsoft Rights Management System (RMS) and now default labels are being applied on emails for necessary confidentiality protection. We are experiencing issues when a user is applying both i.e. digital certificate as well as RMS on his emails, those emails become unreadable to the recipient, mostly external to the organization. We contacted Sectigo as well for the same issue and they responded that both these features use a different protocol for encryption of emails so we would have to use any one protocol at a time.

I have below queries to resolve my issue

1. Please confirm, does RMS ensure the identity of email sender? so we can only use RMS service and remove Sectigo Digital Certificate.
    2. If RMS not ensure the identity of sender then suggest how we can do this.

Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:52 PM

All replies

• Please note RMS is for data protection only while sole purpose of Digital certificate is to ensure send Identity.

SSA

Friday, August 21, 2020 7:06 AM