none
Collecting data from infopath and populate a sharepoint list RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow (Manual Start) that opens up an InfoPath form (by default)

This InfoPath form opens up whenever a User clicks on an action button that I added in the calendar list.

This workflow is set to collect data from my Calendar List (e.g. event name, time, etc.) and enter it on another Custom List.

Now, I need 2 more info from the user. Their mobile number and Employee ID.

How can I do this?

I tried connecting the SharePoint list to the InfoPath form that came with the manual start workflow by adding the employee # and mobile # fields to it so that users can type in their mobile number and employee ID before starting the workflow.

But it doesn't take the info and it doesn't enter the info in the SharePoint list.

I'm sorry about my English. I hope someone can help.

Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Jerico1512,

Can you share the detailed steps of the workflow? Such as screenshots.

From your description, workflow gets data from the calendar list and fills it in another list.

Then you connect list and InfoPath to create fields for employee and mobile.

Which list and InfoPath did you connect to? According to my research, InfoPath cannot connect to the Calendar list, and the form of the calendar list cannot be changed in InfoPath.

If the list you modified is a list of execution workflow padding data, but the workflow you perform is running on calendar, which of course does not get data for the newly created field.

You only need to create two new column in the Calendar list, and then run workflow get the data from calendar.

Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Friday, April 19, 2019 8:19 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Hi 

Is there any progress on this issue?
    Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 22, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Hi Itch,

I created a training calendar wherein our staff will just click a register button and then it will populate another SharePoint list. Here's a few screenshot.

As soon as the staff clicks the register button here, it will open up an info path form (initiation form) which was already there when i created the workflow. I just changed the way it looked using infopath 2013.

But, I need a few more details from the staff which can only be gathered if they enter it manually (Employee number and mobile number). I was wondering if it would be possible to add fields in the infopath form (which opens up every time a user clicks the register button) to gather these information from the staff.

Here's a few more screenshot.

Here you can see my calendar list. Which has a workflow (collects data) and an action button (for the register button).

Here you'll see the workflow with an infopath initiation form attached to it.

And here's the workflow that collects data from the calendar list that i have created.

I hope these screenshots helped and gave you a better understanding of what i'm trying to do.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Best regards,

Jerico

• Edited by Jerico1512 Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:23 AM