none
Installing Windows 10 with wrong video card RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting notices that Windows 10 is ready to be installed but I keep holding off because I have the wrong video card per the windows hardware info. Will Windows 10 FAIL to install if it finds an incorrect video card or will I endure massive problems if I install it with the wrong video card? I have a PC with Windows 7 and IE 11. Thank you.

Joe Bosko

Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is uncertain from your question what the windows error message for your video card is...
    Start>Control Panel>Display to adjust your screen settings.
    Start>Control Panel>Device Manager>Video to manage your display drivers.
    If you have not already done so, run a Windows update or visit the manufacturers website to download and install the latest versions of their drivers.

Please include the full links of any web sites (copied from the address bar) and the full text of any error messages you receive with your questions.

Windows10 is a Release to Web edition, and does not automatically include updates for some third party device drivers. I would suggest that you first resolve the Video card issue for Win7 before installing Windows 10. I would not expect continued support for VGA monitors.

Regards.

Questions regarding previous Internet Explorer versions for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions

Rob^_^

Sunday, September 20, 2015 11:52 PM