none
MAcro to handle Pop Ups RRS feed

Answers

• Parth,

Sorry, I didn't see you reply on Friday. As far as the alert message, if you turn it off you may miss something that you wanted to know about. However my experience is that many of Project's messages are not very informative. When I write interactive code for others to use I try to anticipate what issues may occur and then write user friendly alerts.

John

• Marked as answer by Parth Rawal Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:24 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2017 2:06 PM

All replies

• Parth,

There is the Alerts Method and there is the DisplayAlerts property of the Application object.

By the way, what happened with the last question you asked about date formats, I never got any feedback.

John

Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:23 PM
  • Hey John Thanks for the answer. Actually This alert Message display is little scary as we do not know whether it is a warning or error. For Example. When my MSP Opens up with a particular project sometimes if the Ganntt View is not in align with the view from Enterprise global, it throws an error.  and other times if i update the task/assignment more than few times it shows an warning message to apply the progress. however later part should be a problem as it is not happening when i am running my code as it is directly updating the Day wise actual in MSP.

As for the earlier question of Date Format i just changed the date format with my Database's date format. to avoid any conflicts. Also,  if this will throw any error we will align with the Server's date format manually.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on that. 

Thanks, Parth

Friday, February 3, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Parth,

Sorry, I didn't see you reply on Friday. As far as the alert message, if you turn it off you may miss something that you wanted to know about. However my experience is that many of Project's messages are not very informative. When I write interactive code for others to use I try to anticipate what issues may occur and then write user friendly alerts.

John

• Marked as answer by Parth Rawal Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:24 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2017 2:06 PM
  • No issues, and John i must say that, I am really glad that i can talk to someone about the Macros for Project. As it is very rare that now a days people work on it (at least as far as i know)

Any how, as i said this is an automation macro. meaning it will run from a scheduler. which will open MSP and run my code to update the project actual. while doing so sometimes i (system) get pop ups like View name is changed or Generic resource related Messages etc. which will hamper my integration.

PS: I don't know if my approach is correct or not. Please also suggest on the same.

Thanks, Parth

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:04 AM
  • Parth,

Actually I'm a little surprised you switched to this general forum as it is not specifically designated for programming and customization. Previously I saw your posts on the project customization and programming forum and that is really the better forum for this type of question. In particular you are more likely to get answers for programming and customization in a Project Server environment (as I believe you are using), than you are in this forum. Although I response in multiple Project forums, I do not use Project Server so my expertise is limited in that environment.

John

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:48 PM
  • As you say captain!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Thanks, Parth

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:24 AM
  • Parth,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:13 PM