SCSM 2012 Views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are trying to copy some data from a SCSM View to an excel sheet. Now some of the fields in SCSM are multiline and hence data is entered in multiple lines.

When I copy and paste this row to an excel row, it paste the data into multiple rows in excel worksheet. Is there a way I can fix this issue. I want to copy and paste this row from SCSM to excel sheet in one row only. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:29 AM

All replies

• You need to remove any multi-lined fields from copyinh into the spreadsheet as the line breaks mess up the formatting. you can do this by either removing the column from the view totally by editing the view definition or you can also just right click on the field header and temporarily remove the column from the view.

Ray

• Proposed as answer by Ray Rascher Monday, November 18, 2013 6:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Ray.. It does work okay if i remove the multiline fields. But I do need those fields copied over too.. Is there an alternative for this?

Harpreet

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:31 AM
  • The best alternative would be to create a SSRS report which you then have more control of the information in each row. I haven't found a way to copy multi lined fields into excel without messing up the formatting.

What kind of information are you trying to pull out via the copy and past into Excel?

Ray

• Proposed as answer by Ray Rascher Monday, November 18, 2013 6:02 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 4:42 PM
  • I have created a custom view in SCSM with all the fields as columns. Few of these fields are multi line. And I am looking at copying all fields and pasting into Excel.

I agree that SSRS report would be the best way but was looking at something like copy paste.

Thanks for the help anyways :)

Harpreet

Monday, November 18, 2013 4:16 AM