XPATH "Filter" attribute via EXPORT Flows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have provisioned a Criteria based group from the FIM provisioning process.

Is it possible to populate a Criteria based group with Filter attribute /Person[orunit=345234]. All I am trying to do is set the criteria via the provisoing process of Groups.

How do I set the criteria ?

Can I do the following ?

mventry["filter"].value = "/Person[Orgunit=234123]";

Its has not worked but can you guide me how to do something like this ?

Regards,

Dev

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:17 AM

All replies

• I think I got the answer for the above

I form an XML formatted string.

<Filter xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org..................>/Person[org=......</Filter>

How do I set the Owner and displayOwner attributes ?

via using Extension rules ?

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:24 AM
  • It sounds like you are looking to sync AD group data into the FIM Portal.  Is that correct?  We typically see the referenced AD attribute "managedBy" import attribute flow to a MV attribute, then from that MV attribute an export attribute flow (in the FIM MA), out to Owner and Displayed Owner. Emphasis on the attribute being a referenced date type.

You may find the TechNet article How Do I Synchronize Groups from AD DS to FIM helpful. Towards the end of the article there is mention of a few different approaches to handling owner and display owner. A strait attribute flow would be the easiest to implement if you have that data already populated out in your AD.  Hope that helps.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:33 AM