none
Why are DidYouMean suggestions search view-dependent RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have encountered an interesting behaviour. If I do not specify a search view in my query, ESP returns DidYouMean suggestions absent in my spellcheck dictionaries. That's a good thing, since they are usually quite relevant. However, if a view is specified, a correction is offered only if it is present in the spellcheck dictionary defined for the particular Search Profile.

This leads to a situation, when the word could get corrected (ESP somehow knows how to do that when a view is not specified), but does not get corrected, since we're searching in a specific view.

Why is that? What is the magic that provides DidYouMean suggestions when the view is unknown?

Thanks,

Andrey

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Generally speaking, the behavior you describe would be expected.  If no view is specified, ESP will default to the webcluster view, which has its own internal configs, those being $FASTSEARCH/etc/config_data/QRServer/webcluster/etc/qrserver/qtf-config.xml and $FASTSEARCH/etc/config_data/QRServer/webcluster/etc/qrserver/didyoumean/spellcheck.english.xml.  Let us know if you have further questions on this.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service   & Support                            Microsoft| Services

Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:03 PM