How to advertise OSD to the collections RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am new to sccm 2007, any how i have successfully configured and deployed OSD TS to unknown computers and running TS successfully here my tension is that I want to deploy this OSD TS to all windows 7 collections here once i advertise this TS to all windows 7 collections its advertising to all windows 7 and showing the pop up in client machine new OSD is available to the user here i have removed the advertisement notification to all the clients.

Here my question is if the user opened run advertise programs window from control panel its showing the advertised OSD TS , if he run that OSD TS knowingly\unknowingly  that might be a problem, so here how can i restrict the user do not run advertised OSD TS from his machine?... or is there any alternate way to advertise to all known machines.

Suggestion is required pls...

Thanks Kalyan

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:20 AM

Answers

• If you only want the TS to run from Windows PE boot media and not from Run Advertised Programs you can set the requirements on the task sequence so that it can only run on certain operating systems. Chose an operating system that doen't exist on computers in your Winows 7 collections. Maybe Windows XP x64 or something odd?
    The task sequence will not be able to run from Windows 7.
    It will still be able to start from Windows PE because operating system reqiurements aren't evaluated when the task sequence is started from Windows PE.

If you are using MDT you can also allow or disallow TS execution on certain machines using the OSINSTALL variable in the MDT database.

• Proposed as answer by PRASHANT9 Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:41 PM
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:49 AM