Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

We have an issue with this security update, as it keeps on failing to install in windows update.

I receive error code: 851A004A

What I have did was to manually install the the update from the MS site, and the machine shows it has been installed and when I ran updates again, windows updates picks this security update again even though its installed. 

I have removed SQL server 2012 developer edition  and all of its components, restarted the machine. Did windows updates and then installed SQL 2012 again and manualy installed KB3045321 and still after running windows updates, windows shows tries to install this update. 

My company runs reports from WSUS regarding failed windows updates. This machine appears in the report even though its installed. I have tried hiding this update and still it appears in the report. 

I then built another machine, did windows updates, installed SQL server 2012 developer edition ran windows updates and again it fails to install the security update. It gives the same error message 851A004A. Again installed update manually and still windows updates tries to install this update again. 

Any ideas ? 

Friday, November 20, 2015 10:20 AM

Answers