Exchange 2016 DAG Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

First time poster here so be kind! haha.

I have an issue with setting up a new DAG in Exchange 2016.

I am able to setup the group but the issue comes when I try and add the member servers. The error message I get is: "Exception = Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DagTaskOperationFailedException: A server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. Error The operation failed. CreateCluster errors may result from incorrectly configured static addresses. Error: An error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. Error: Cluster API failed: "CreateCluster() failed with 0x42a. Error: The service has returned a service-specific error code". ---] Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Shared.ClusterApiException: An error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. Error: Cluster API failed: "CreateCluster() failed with 0x42a. Error: The service has returned a service-specific error code" ---] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service has returned a service-specific error code"

I am trying both IP-less and IP'd DAGs but each time I get the same error message.

I have logged a support ticket with Microsoft but I wondered if anyone in the community had a similar issue that has been fixed.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We have this week managed to sort out our issue.

Our Exchange Servers had a Group Policy which was denying local logins to the server. For whatever reason, when creating the DAG, Exchange Created a local user called CLIUSR and the Group Policy was denying that user access.

Thanks for your help!

James

• Marked as answer by JRBennett84 Wednesday, May 20, 2020 8:08 AM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2020 8:08 AM

All replies