none
Which dns software r u recommending foer setting my domain name so it will be pointing to all of the sub folders in my home hosted webserver? RRS feed

• Question

• Actually I have many sub folders inside a xampp web server directory each folder contain an index.php file and have a separate action.

How may I set my domain name so it will be pointing to all of these sub folders?

Lets say i have c:\server\ht docs\folder1, c:\server\ht docs\folder2 and so on. I would like my domain name to act like localhost. When typing www.domain name.com/folder1 it will take me to c:\server\folder1 and so on for all of the folders.

I tried with localhost and it works.

Which dns software r u recommending in this case for beginners pls?

My domain name is www.domain name. ML

My domain hosting company supports only dns on main redirected adress.

• Edited by shimi7 Monday, November 6, 2017 4:27 PM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since we are not familiar with xampp, you could consult experts in xampp forum for better answer.

In the IIS , you could enable Directory Browsing to access folders via your URL.

More information about Directory Browsing,  please refer to the following article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731109(v=ws.10).aspx

Or your could access your folders via UNC path.

Precondition:

1 Open port 445 

2 Create a host A record  www point to your web server.

3 Share your folders.

Then type  \\www.domain.com\folder 1   in  your File Explorer.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:16 AM

• Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:42 AM