Servers and Workstations not listed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup a WSUS server for my domain computers.  I created the client side targeting in the GPO and also created the groups to match in the WSUS server.  Another check I made was to ensure that "How computers are assigned to Groups" was checked as "Use Group Policy"

I also ran the following commands on each machine remotely:

wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow   (no change)

wuauclt /resetauthorization /reportnow  (still no change)

I have a small selection of servers that appeared in the Group "Servers" but not my whole domain,  and for the group "WS" I have no workstations listed though.

What could be wrong?  is there a check I can use to ensure that the IIS is working correctly etc?  or any other steps?

Normally I would consider myself as a proficient Administrator but this one baffled me.

Chris Golden

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:47 AM

Answers

• Schoolboy error, I had an old GPO overiding the new settings.  All working now

Thanks anyway

Chris Golden

• Marked as answer by Chris7504 Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:07 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:07 PM

All replies

• verify that the policy assigning target group is applied, then run wuauclt /detectnow /reportnow and check wuauclt log file for errors (%systemroot%\WindowsUpdate.log)

Gleb.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:02 AM
  • So I checked the logs,

First I was getting this:

when I ran the windows update search manually from one of the computers the computer was then listed in the WSUS console under WS as it should.  The problem I have is that it would a large task to do this for every computer in my domain.

Chris Golden

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Schoolboy error, I had an old GPO overiding the new settings.  All working now

Thanks anyway

Chris Golden

• Marked as answer by Chris7504 Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:07 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:07 PM