Updated Documentation for the OEM WIN Embedded Pro 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a current configuration that is using WIN PRO EMBEDDED 7 SP1 32/64BIT EMB OEI.

I am having trouble finding updated documentation or support pages for the installation of this product. We have purchased the license and OEM discs from a authorized provider, but these discs were created in 2012. Is there a place to obtain updated documentation for this product?

PS: Systems with this product installed are set to ship to the customer TODAY.

Thanks,

Justin

• Edited by julowsky Friday, February 13, 2015 4:16 PM Update
    Friday, February 13, 2015 4:14 PM

All replies

• Best to check with your distributor on documentation.

This looks to be Windows 7 Pro for Embedded Systems. The installation process is similar to regular Windows or you can use SIM to create a custom installation disk: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_SGSIM.html

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, February 13, 2015 6:14 PM
  • Im sorry if this is out of line but,

Are you advertising your company in this answer?

Friday, March 13, 2015 10:51 PM
  • Based on your question, I am pointing you to resources that might help, which in this case is the SIM help files and a book I wrote specifically to help install POS Ready 7, Windows 7 and 8.x for embedded systems using SIM. Is there a problem or concern?

BTW - This forum is for POSReady. Unfortunately there is no specific forum for Windows FES other than the answers forum.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Saturday, March 14, 2015 2:52 AM