none
Change accountName regex RRS feed

• Question

• My client uses the numerals and hypens when provisioning resource account. When doing this in FIM the accounts are never added to the sync rule because the regex pattern for accountname in the portal does not include the number zero or a hyphen.

so the account ends up in the metaverse but never makes it into the connected data source.

How can i change the regex for the attribute accountname. Or do i really need to tell my customer that they need to change their business process to accommodate a technology?

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:27 PM

All replies

• aelric,

You may want to try editing the regex that exists on the Validation tab of the Account Name attribute in the Portal, as well as, the binding between Account Name and User:

^[^"/\\[\]:;|=,+/*?<>]{1,64}$

Friday, May 31, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Hi Rebecca, problem is that i am unable to. When i access the attribute and the binding in the schema the regex is grayed out and cannot be edited.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 5:47 PM
  • That may just be an MPR issue then.  Make sure that you have a Permission Granting MPR that will allow you to update Schema elements in the Portal.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 5:57 PM
  • Yes - I just had to do this myself.  In my case I created the following:

• new set "All System Account Name User Binding Descriptions" (all bindings where resource type is user and display name is "Account Name")
    • new MPR "Administration - Schema: Administrators can change Account Name user binding resources" (Administrators with MODIFY access for objects in the above set, specifically for the attribute "String Regular Expression")

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using FIM Event Broker for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

• Proposed as answer by UNIFYBobMVP Monday, November 25, 2013 7:12 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 7:12 AM