Can't upgrade from RC1 to RC2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded RC2 using both the Download manager and directly from IE, matched the MD5 checksum and burned DVDs using both Nero and Achohol120. When I try to upgrade within Vista I get the error E:Sources\WDSCORE.dll not designed to run on windows or  "Windows cannot open the required file e:\Sources\Install.wim. The file may be corrupt or missing. Error code: 0x80070570.

If I boot the DVD, update is disabled and all I can do is a clean install. I would prefer to not reinstall everything if possible. Any ideas on how to upgrade?

Thanks
    Sunday, October 8, 2006 3:02 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you're trying to upgrade from an x86 version to a 64 bit version. The 64bit version uses a different executable that will not run in a 32bit environment.

Either download the 32 bit version or boot from the 64bit DVD (which will lose your data).

Sunday, October 8, 2006 6:00 PM
  • I am having exactly the same problem, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version. I'll download again to make sure.
    Monday, October 9, 2006 2:58 PM
  • Ive had very similar issues.....Ive had to download a 2nd and 3rd time before I get a DVD that works.....Im not sure what I do different from time to time but eventually it works  (Ive gone through the checksum thing and all that too....)
    Monday, October 9, 2006 8:21 PM
  • install alcohol 120% and mount in and it should work. i had the same problem but it worked when i mounted it. it copied all the files, when restarted so i was good!
    Monday, October 9, 2006 10:20 PM