Received Skype meeting request in plain-text (missing "Join Skype Meeting" link) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I'm not very familiar with Skype for Business conferences.

I've been invited to a Skype conference that I accepted.

The meeting request email is in plain-text, i.e. the "Join Skype Meeting" link is missing, only the literal text is there. It seems however that I'll have the option to call a local number owned by the organization that is hosting the meeting, and then give a "conference ID"/"access code" that is actually in the email.

Is there any other way for me to use the very limited information that is actually in the email to join the meeting using the Skype for Business application? I can't see that the application e.g. gives me an opportunity to search for Skype servers and specify the conference ID.

Thank you.

Friday, February 23, 2018 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Even,

It is not possible to join the meeting with the Skype for Business Client by yourself when you do not have the meeting address which is linked, as you already mentioned, to the "Join Skype Meeting" text. If you have the meeting address in plain text you can also add the meeting address in your browser and then you can join the meeting with the SfB Client. But as I understood you do not even have the meeting address.

In this case you will only have the opportunity to access the conference via dialin. Therefore you need the number to call in to the conference central and there you need to enter the conferece ID to join the meeting.

If you would like to join the meeting with your Skype for Business Client you should ask the organizer whether he/she could send you the meeting link.

Greets,
    Markus

• Edited by Markus_95 Friday, February 23, 2018 3:53 PM add information
    • Marked as answer by Even F Friday, March 2, 2018 7:43 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Even,

It is not possible to join the meeting with the Skype for Business Client by yourself when you do not have the meeting address which is linked, as you already mentioned, to the "Join Skype Meeting" text. If you have the meeting address in plain text you can also add the meeting address in your browser and then you can join the meeting with the SfB Client. But as I understood you do not even have the meeting address.

In this case you will only have the opportunity to access the conference via dialin. Therefore you need the number to call in to the conference central and there you need to enter the conferece ID to join the meeting.

If you would like to join the meeting with your Skype for Business Client you should ask the organizer whether he/she could send you the meeting link.

Greets,
    Markus

• Edited by Markus_95 Friday, February 23, 2018 3:53 PM add information
    • Marked as answer by Even F Friday, March 2, 2018 7:43 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 3:49 PM
  • You may need to remove your outlook profile from the PC's Control Panel and re-configure and setup your outlook profile - it should work. 
    Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:23 AM