Lotus notes in UAG RRS feed

• Question

•  

I want to publish lotus notes in UAG, but running into problem of the attachment not going through. In order to make it work i need to change the unique identifier from 8 to 1 or 2. But when i click on the unique identifier option it is disabled. 

Does anybody know how to change the unique identifier in uag?

Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Ashish,

*BIG DISCLAIMER FOR EVERYONE*   Dont make the following registry change:

To answer your question, the setting is in registry:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WhaleCom\e-Gap\von\UrlFilter\WhlFiltSecureRemote

HOWEVER, you shouldnt change this for any reason.

We should figure out why you are having attachment issues.   What makes you conclude the issue is with the Unique Identifier?

Did you try publishing Notes using the "Application Specific Hostname" template?  Using this template will eliminate the "Uniqiue Identifier" from showing up.

Thank you.
    Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:58 PM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:04 PM
  • After any change to the registry, UAG needs to be Activated, to make the registry change stick.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

*BIG DISCLAIMER FOR EVERYONE*   Dont make the following registry change:

To answer your question, the setting is in registry:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WhaleCom\e-Gap\von\UrlFilter\WhlFiltSecureRemote

HOWEVER, you shouldnt change this for any reason.

We should figure out why you are having attachment issues.   What makes you conclude the issue is with the Unique Identifier?

Did you try publishing Notes using the "Application Specific Hostname" template?  Using this template will eliminate the "Uniqiue Identifier" from showing up.

Thank you.
    Dennis

Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:04 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

We have published both the Lotus Notes Client and iNotes (webmail) via UAG and have not run into any issues regarding attachments.

In particular, for iNotes we used the Other Web Application (portal hostname) template.

We initially tested with iNotes 6.5.x but have recently upgraded to 8.5.2 for the Windows 7 support.

Just to be on the safe side, I will get our users to report any attachment type issues that they experience and post back here if we can reproduce the issue that you are experiencing.

Friday, December 10, 2010 5:28 PM
  • Hello Dennis

We are able to publish lotus inotes properly but the attachment are not going through. Same happened in case of IAG and we opened a ticket with MS and they provided the solution that we need to change the Unique Identifier.

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:03 PM
  • Hello Dennis

You cant change the Unique Identifier using the register. once you reboot the uag comp it will change it back to uniquesig the default entry.

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:28 PM
  • After any change to the registry, UAG needs to be Activated, to make the registry change stick.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:58 PM
  • Hello Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the registry setting, activated the configuration. After than i checked the registry setting and it was back to the default one.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:17 PM
  • Hi

Where you able to make registry change permanent? I've tried changing uniquesig and rebooting and activating but nothing seems to work. It allways goes back to default. So i'm still having problems with inotes and attachments.

Also i found this link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1LO57647. Have you tried it?

-teemu

br -teemu

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Hi Teemu,

We resolved this issue by publishing it as Other Web Application (portal hostname) template.

-Ashish

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:36 PM
  • Hi

I was also using Other web app but the problem was Notes activeX which caused problems. We disabled activex and now inotes works.

Does your customer have or have you published notes archives? There's a problem with archive link because it is built in side notes and not manual link translation, appwrap or any other method can't catch the link. Using client components would be an option but it would be much much better if there is a way to publish it as a web page.

-teemu

br -teemu

Friday, April 27, 2012 9:57 AM