microsoft edge, passwords RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get edge to save a password for a site. Certain sites it tends to ignore no matter what I do. 
    Monday, November 13, 2017 4:56 PM

Answers

• Ok, security software does can be a cause, I also forget this point

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

tried disabling it but no joy. no worries, just thought it was a bug!
    • Marked as answer by Cyberwasp Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:52 AM
  • I think you have found out the root/answer of current situation, please mark the meaningful reply to close this case.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperating.

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It depends on how a website has been programmed... eg... banking websites do not allow you to save your user credentials for auto-login. Some websites are poorly programmed/tested and do not work as expected on MSIE browsers. Some browser extensions for form filling and password autocomplete may be interfering with the built-in form filling features of the browser.... to test run IE or Edge in no-Addons mode or InPrivate Mode. eg. the Google toolbar in IE has its own form filling/autocomplete features which DO interfere with the built-in functions.... you do not need 2 form fillers......

InPrivate or Incongnito modes of web browsers to not use the normal internet cache, and so do not use form autocomplete.

If possible include links to problem websites with your questions.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Boots Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:19 AM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 7:36 PM
  • Microsoft Edge can save password for us, but it depends on the website itself.

Once you configure settings as the picture shows, you have enabled password saving function in Edge, when you type your credential in box, Edge will ask you whether save password for current website. If you click Yes, your password has been saved for this website, you can view record in Credential Manager.

If Edge doesn’t pop-up “Would you like to save your password for xxx” dialog, you can’t save password for this website.

Regards

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:19 AM
  • I miss Norton identity safe!
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:21 AM

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:12 AM

tried disabling it but no joy. no worries, just thought it was a bug!
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:52 AM
  • I think you have found out the root/answer of current situation, please mark the meaningful reply to close this case.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperating.

Regards

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:41 AM