none
Windows 10 pc only has access to one network drive under SBS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there!

We are trying to get a windows 10 pc running in our domain under sbs 2011 standard. To get that to work, a former coworker already set up group policies for windows 10 and permissions for the network drives. Back then everything seemed to work; due to software incompatibilities the pc was set back to windows 7 though.

In our most recent try, I  added the latest windows 10 version in the supportedOS file:

<OS id="21" Name="Windows 10, AMD64" Major="10" Minor="0" Build="17763" SPMajor="" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="9"/>
        <OS id="22" Name="Windows 10, x86" Major="10" Minor="0" Build="17763" SPMajor="" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="0"/>

Setting the windows 10 pc up in our domain seemed to be no problem with the connector. However, I only have access to one of our network drives. That access is working just fine with the windows 7 computers.

I'm a little overwhelmed what to do now, since the access to network drives is being handled through user configurations, not computer configurations. Besides that, the former coworker already set up group policies and wmi filters for windows 10. With gpupdate /force, the newly added windows 10 verisons should be used, right?

The computer in question is being shown as "online" in the sbs console, only his properties (os and hardware) isnt available.

Windows 10 seems to thwart my plans, but I don't know why. I'm sorry for not being able to express myself more clearly, english is not my first language and neither is IT. After said coworker left, noone in our small business is really qualified for handling sbs besides basic tasks. We are planning to migrate to a newer server os, but that won't be possible in the next months.

Thanks for any advice!

• Edited by jonaslah Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:42 AM cleared up the sbs version
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:41 AM

Answers

• Update: Turns out, all that was left was to activate the SMB1 protocol on the windows 10 computer. You can find that in "turn windows features on and off".

• Marked as answer by jonaslah Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:02 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:02 AM

All replies

• Update: Turns out, all that was left was to activate the SMB1 protocol on the windows 10 computer. You can find that in "turn windows features on and off".

• Marked as answer by jonaslah Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:02 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:02 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details of your issue here and please always feel free to post in our forum if any questions in the future.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:17 AM