none
two PPPoe connection working simultaneously

Question

• Hi

Please forgive me if this question has been answered before, by I've searched for an hour now and i did not find answr related scenario.

I have windows 2012 sever with 3 NIC, one for enter network and the other for external network (Internet). The internet connection I use for both is PPPoE and I take the ip address automatically from server provider.
     I want to make the internet conncetion more faster by bundle those to conncetions.

I have try to configure those two conncetions but the windows server only make one working and i have try to configure the bridge but it did not work.

does any one know how i can bundle those two conncetions by useing windows operat system.

I know the router can do it but right now I dont have a router.

Monday, May 07, 2018 5:52 AM

All replies

• Team the internet connection NICs?

tim

Monday, May 07, 2018 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

NIC Teaming allows you to group between one and thirty-two physical Ethernet network adapters into one or more software-based virtual network adapters. These virtual network adapters provide fast performance and fault tolerance in the event of a network adapter failure.

You may refer to the following links to see if it could implement your desired.

NIC Teaming

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nic-teaming/nic-teaming

Create a New NIC Team

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nic-teaming/create-a-new-nic-team

How to configure NIC Teaming in Windows Server 2012 R2 (Step by Step guide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6EyoYfGro

Hope above information can help you.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards, 

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 9:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back
    Best Regards,
    Michael

Saturday, May 12, 2018 6:06 AM
  • HI Michael
    sorry for the delay ,
     unfurtuanly your solution did not solve my problem
    in specific my problem is the windowes does not allow me to configur the next PPPoe.
    when i start to configure the next PPPoE connections it does not allow me to continue becuse there is all redy a connection to the internet from the first PPPoE. please not I use user name and password from the provider.

how i can make windows server 2012 accept two PPPoE simultaneously whith two diffrent account from the internet provider

Monday, May 14, 2018 5:31 AM
  • I am confused by your explanation.  I am interpreting your explanation to state that you are trying to establish two different connections to the same IP address, but each connection is to be authenticated by a different user ID.  That is not possible.

tim

Monday, May 14, 2018 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You can certainly connect two devices through your ethernet adapters, however, you won't be able to access the internet on both at the same time. What I mean is, while two modems may be plugged into your machine, you browser only pulls the internet from one, not two at a time.

Also, you can't just login multiple times to one modem using different user credentials. You can only use one set of credentials at a time.

However, it seems it doesn't make the sense, can not increase your internet speed this way. It needs multiple modems or a multiple-link router, together with a driver that can handle multiple connections.

These multiple connections must all be to the same destination, and packets are serialized over all the connections. This means that for the case of one-packet-message and one-packet-answer, only one connection is ever used. Only a stream of messages will use more than one connection.

Please try this link,

https://superuser.com/questions/641006/why-doesnt-windows-support-two-or-more-simultaneous-pppoe-connections

Hope above information helps.

Best regards,

Michael

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back
    Best Regards,
    Michael

Friday, May 18, 2018 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Monday, May 21, 2018 2:27 PM