none
Initial Install: The features you have selected have the following prerequisites RRS feed

• Question

• Currently installing MIM 2016 for the first time. I am following the guide from MS and am almost done the initial deployment. I am attempting to install the Service and Portal but receive the error "The features you have selected have the following prerequisites - IIS 7.0 or better. SharePoint."

A newer version than that of IIS is installed on this server as well as SharePoint 2016. I'm able to get to the central admin center for SP although it does show some issues however they seem unrelated to anything I need. This is for an initial lab environment before moving to production later.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anything else is needed please let me know and I will provide.

The full MIM environment is running across 3 servers total, running Windows Server 2016 with a SQL 2016 db so all apps are on 2016.

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:56 PM

All replies

• Are you sure it was IIS7.0 or better and not Internet Explorer?  MIM requires at least IE11

KR

Rob

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Yes, I am sure. IIS 7.0 and SharePoint.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:27 PM
  • OK, check your versions of IIS Manager by opening it in Administrative Tools.  |I'm on Windows Server 2016 and my version of IIS is 10.0.14393.0.  Is it possible you only installed IIS 6.0??
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:13 PM
  • I just double checked and am on the same version as you are for IIS. I am also on Windows Server 2016.
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:50 PM
  • When you did the SharePoint configuration I take it you have installed the Site Collection and the Web Application?  
    Monday, September 23, 2019 3:20 PM
  • This error isn't that helpful unfortunately. I've found that actually if you're using a newer version of SharePoint than is supported, you will also get this error. If you're using SharePoint 2016, make sure the version of MIM that you're trying to install is at least version SP1.
    • Edited by Dan_Walters Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Did you run the SharePoint pre-requisite installer??  This is supposed to install and configure the IIS role if it is missing.  Might be worth removing IIS in Server Manager and then running the pre-requisite installer so that it installs and configures what it needs for SharePoint.

Rob

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:48 AM