How to let an application and web page through security? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a program and a web site called Multisys POS. Our page is at http://nmi.no/. Problem is that the page isn't showing in Windows 7. Our program has a built in "mini-browser" that uses an OCX called NMISent.OCX. Is there any way of letting these through security and if so, how and where do I do it? This is on a Lenovo PC with pre-installed OS. I have at home a Windows 7 machine that do work. I've not done any changes to browser, firewall on any of them.

Help would be so greatly appreciated

Thank you

Sincerely

Vidar Olavesen

Monday, January 10, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, most programs are blocked by Windows Firewall to help make your computer more secure. To work properly, we need allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall, please kindly refer to the following link:

Allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall

If this issue persists, it may be related to program settings, you can also contact the software manufacturer for more help.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, January 17, 2011 7:45 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:50 AM