none
Preparing SCCM for ZTI deployments with MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I volunteer at a community center. We have a single server (recently upgraded to SCCM 2012 R2) and 20 workstations (a mix of Win 7 and 8.1). The latest version of MDT 2013 is installed. I implemented LTI deployment w/Server 2012. Now with SCCM, I'd like to do ZTI

I’m following Technet tutorial Prepare for Zero Touch Installation of Windows 8.1 with CM.  I’m having a problem at step Configure the Network Access Account

1. Per an earlier step in the guide (Create Configuration Manager service accounts) I created a user account in AD for user CM_NAA
    2. Now I'm following instruction to config Network Access Account. I drill down to Configure Site Components-> Software Distribution.
    3. Their sample directions next say

In the Network Access Account tab, configure the CONTOSO\CM_NAA user account

(select New Account) as the Network Access account. Use the new Verify option to verify that the account can connect to the \\DC01\sysvol network share.

Our domain name is cohcybercenter

• When I setup the Windows User Account and click Verify, I get an error (snapshot below)
    • I also don’t understand: When I created user account CM_NAA in an earlier step I already assigned it a password. So why does it have me assigning it a password again? If password is different, does it supercede the one I assigned when i created the user in AD?

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:51 PM

All replies

• You may want to have your titles be a problem statement instead of generic for all of your posts.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:28 PM
  • Hi

Try to use a share on your CM server.

This error is not relevant for your task a hand.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:41 PM
  • Of course, you're right. I will do so in the future
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:08 AM
  • A few questions as I want to be sure to understand this and the reasons why...

I already created a user for shared drive network access under MDT/Server 2012. Since I'm still using  MDT (though now under CM), is that the reason i don't need assign Network Access via CM? Because the user id I already created with network access is already defined in my MDT boot.ini file?

When i read the section on Configure Network Access in Configuring Content Management in Configuration Manager it discusses the need to use the CM Wizard to define Network Access account so it can be passed to the client workstations. So i'm guessing that's only needed when using native CM deployments? But not needed when using MDT?

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Hi

No you need a Network Access account in CM or else you will not be able to deploy Software and OS.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:11 AM
  • Gotcha. Thanks for the followup. I misunderstood your first reply.

I was only able to create Network Access Account by skipping the Verify button. I have a couple more questions please..

1. The Verify failed with same error when I type in the MDT deployment share.  Does that make sense? 
    2. I logged on to a workstation using the account. I was still unable to access the MDT share. Should the account be able to? Is there a way i can check permissions are correct before i actually try a ZTI deployment and check logs/see if it works?

Friday, March 25, 2016 11:07 PM
  • If it won't verify it won't work. 

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:42 PM