none
Project Server 2010: Corrupt enterprise global RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an issue with the enterprise global.

It is working OK without issues. We use macros in the Enterprise Global. They also work.

But when I open it for editing, save it and checkin, I cannot use it anymore. I get "No permissions to read Project Server Enterprise Global file. The Project Server Enterprise Global could not be accesed. Contact your administrator."

I can then only do an administrative restore to get the system running again.

Deleting the Project Professional Cache from the file system does not solve the issue.

I know that it can be recreated. But as I remember from the last time I did that, the enterprise calendars are also deleted and recreated by this (at least this was the case in 2007). I really would not like that, because we have about 25 of them.....

Anybody had this issue in 2010 and has a suggestion?

Thanks for help

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Christoph,

I have never seen this happen. However, whenever I need to recreate EGlobal, I not only save all included objects with Organizer into a local file for readding to EGlobal after recreating. Moreover, I take an Administrative Backup of calendards before and restore them after recreation of EGlobal. In this way, I avoid the side affect of deleted calendars.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 5:53 AM