Alert Error on client machines RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error alert on all my machines since setting up SCE2007.  Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

Forced to terminate the following process started at 9:46:25 AM because it ran past the configured

timeout 120 seconds.

Command executed: "C:\WINNT\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo

"DiscoverAgentRelationshipSettings.js" 0 {F1C0619C-EC6D-ECA1-695E-F34348B39C4F} {0C29C625-

EEEB-329F-C050-391E235970F4} DeckDesign.hh.hrm.lan "SKYNET_MG"

Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service

State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 1\335\

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DiscoverADManagedComputer

Instance name: DeckDesign.hh.hrm.lan

Instance ID: {0C29C625-EEEB-329F-C050-391E235970F4}

Management group: SKYNET_MG

Alert Description: CustomField1

CustomField2

CustomField3

CustomField4

CustomField5

CustomField6

CustomField7

CustomField8

CustomField9

CustomField10

10/15/2007 10:50:56 AM Script or Executable Failed to run 1 Health Service: DeckDesign.hh.hrm.lan

SKYNET_MG | DeckDesign.hh.hrm.lan

10/15/2007 10:50:56 AM Script or Executable

Monday, October 15, 2007 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I’d like to suggest you delete one of the problematic clients and re-push the agent to this computer to check whether the error will disappear.

1. Open SCE console, navigate to “Administration” space, select “Agent managed”.

2. Right click one of the problematic clients, select “Delete”.

3. After successful deletion, use “Configure computers and devices to manage” to discover this client and re-push the agent.

If the error disappear, you can re-push the agent to all of the clients.

--------------------

Regards,

Eric Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, October 22, 2007 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We can disable the "DiscoverAgentRelationshipSettings" rule to clear the error, the following are the detail steps:

1. Open SCE concosle.

2. Navigate to "Authoring" space, expand "Management Pack Objects", click "Object Discoveries".

3. Look for "Discover agent". you will find "
    DiscoverAgentRelationshipSettings"

4. Right click it and choose "Overrides" - "Disable the Object Discovery" - "For all objects of type:Agent".

Hope this helps.

————————————

Sincerely,

Eric Zhang

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:09 AM
  • By disabling this will it effect how SCE manages my network?  Is there not a way to fix this other then disabling it?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:19 PM
  • Hi Scott,

This object is used to inconjunction with Active Directory. Disabling it will not affect SCE management. You can monitor the clients after disabling this rule to check whether the error still exists.

Thanks.

--------------------

Regards,

Eric Zhang

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:09 AM
  • It appears that I am still seeing this error.  What else should I try to get rid of this error?

Thanks

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:20 PM
  • Hi,

I’d like to suggest you delete one of the problematic clients and re-push the agent to this computer to check whether the error will disappear.

1. Open SCE console, navigate to “Administration” space, select “Agent managed”.

2. Right click one of the problematic clients, select “Delete”.

3. After successful deletion, use “Configure computers and devices to manage” to discover this client and re-push the agent.

If the error disappear, you can re-push the agent to all of the clients.

--------------------

Regards,

Eric Zhang

Monday, October 22, 2007 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

--------------------

Regards,

Eric Zhang

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:25 AM
  • Sorry I never did try the last step you mentioned about removing the client and readding it.  I will try that in the morning and let you know my results.

Thanks so much!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:47 AM