none
iMac OSX 10.8.5 suddenly cannot connect to Exchange Server 2013

Question

• One of my user's iMac running on OSX 10.8.5 using Outlook 2011 suddenly cannot connect to our Exchange Server 2013. This is a very unique problem which I tried but cannot solve.

There are 7 email accounts on this iMac but only this one account cannot connect. I can create this email account on a computer using Windows 7 Pro with Outlook 2010 and it works fine.

What I have tried but did not work;

- rebuilt the Database

- migrated the mailbox to another database

- create another user identity on the iMac

- run permission repair on iMac

Any suggestions or solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you seen any error left on the outlook side?

I understand only one user have the connectivity issue when using outlook 2011.

I suggest you can try to re-configure the profile for the problematic account.

If it doesn't work, you can ask a question in Microsoft outlook for mac forum for more help :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011?tab=Threads

Regards,                                                                        

David 

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:36 AM

All replies

• See if you can find anything in the Application event log, or in the IIS logs.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, October 18, 2015 4:00 AM
  • Hi,

Have you seen any error left on the outlook side?

I understand only one user have the connectivity issue when using outlook 2011.

I suggest you can try to re-configure the profile for the problematic account.

If it doesn't work, you can ask a question in Microsoft outlook for mac forum for more help :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011?tab=Threads

Regards,                                                                        

David 

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:36 AM