none
User error on my Project RRS feed

• Question

• When I open the project on my PC, I have a lot of mistakes in my file server. When another user of Project and EPM open its session on my PC and open files, there are no errors.
    When I open the files with "mistakes" in another PC, the file contains no errors.
    It is possible that my user is wrong?
    How could fix it ??
    Only I think of my user on any PC I open the project.

thank you very much
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:58 PM

All replies

• You might have a global.mpt file corruption. Search for your copy in windows explorer then rename it, with project closed. When you re-open project and close it again a new Global.mpt file is created for you. See if that helps.From teh control panel you might also try repairing your Project installation.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

Could you be more detailed in the file path? Where that file is corrupted in my pc?

Many thanks

Kind Rewards

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:25 AM
  • Can be in different places, so search for it. You may need to make system files visible to see it.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:34 AM
  • I changed the Project. When you reopen the project, a new file "global.mpt" with my server configuration is created and everything as you had before? I'll have to set up my computer back to the global information company that I have on my server?

thank you very much

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:03 AM
  • I tried to change the file you described me and errors still appear when the user opens the files with errors as before. It has not been solved with the above solution. And only happens when the user opens the file erroneous.
    When another user opens the file in the PC of the person who has the errors, the errors do not appear in the files.

Thanks you

Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:36 PM
  • Latorje --

Pardon me for bumping into this thread, but what you have not told us yet are the exact errors that you are seeing.  Please tell us the exact error messages and perhaps we can help you.  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

When I create new tasks in the file appear #ERROR me in all fields of the new row of the task. This case appears to me in every file I open. But if other users open the same file on my PC, all of them when they open files and then they create a new task, to them the fields with errors do not appear to them.
    These fields are created and own the project.

Thank you

Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Lartorje --

Are you saying you see the #ERROR message in EVERY column for tasks in Microsoft Project, such as the Duration, Start, or Finish columns?  If so, I believe this would indicate serious problems with your copy of Microsoft Project.  If you have not done this already, I would recommend you navigate to the Control Panel on your PC and run a Repair operation on your copy of Microsoft Project.  Then after you have done this, try opening a project that previously displayed errors and let us know if you continue to see the errors.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:42 PM
  • The error appears to me within the columns of the new tasks created.

In the old tasks errors omitted. Only it occurs on new tasks created.
    Hi,
    The error is reproduced on all files, even when a file is opened for the first time.
    I checked that occurs when the user uses the PC X X
    When another user Y uses X PC, the error does not occur.
    When the user is using another PC X Y, the error does not occur.
    The file works correctly when it is opened on another PC or another user on that computer.
    I tried to remove the Professional project file generated when you first opened, the file is called "Global.mpt".
    I restored the program Project Professional.
    yet the error still occurs. What should I do?
    Is there any solution?

best regards

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:41 AM