none
Upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit to Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit on my computer and think that it's time to upgrade to the next level of Windows software.  As I mentioned, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit and need to upgrade to an equivalent Window 7 operating system.  Will this require a complete install of Windows 7 or is there an easy upgrade.  Also how do I get the get or purchase the Windows 7 operating system software?
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

If you need to install or reinstall Windows 7 you can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD.

Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

In addition, since Microsoft Store no longer sells the Windows 7 product key, I’m afraid your best bet is contacting retailers for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 7, 2017 7:03 AM