none
Cannot remove from Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I find is amazing that IE 11 cannot be removed from Windows 7, as a result I was attacked by hijack malware where I hadn't opened IE 11 in quite some time, where updates hadn't been made, thus I was vulnerable. Now in order to run Quickbooks, I see IE has to be installed. By Microsoft virtually imbedding IE into the system without an option to uninstall completely, I am vulnerable.

Result, I was forced to turn features off regarding IE 11.

Now in order for Quickbooks to work, I have had to do a complete reinstall of IE 11, and more than likely make sure all updates are current to avoid attacks.

Forcing the use of a Microsoft product should not even happen. More and more companies out there are creating open source or dynamic programs of which I wish to use in place of some Microsoft programs no longer available or which in the past have given me major issues.

Saturday, November 8, 2014 4:21 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You can uninstall Internet Explorer by using the following steps given below:-

More:- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11-win-7

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, November 9, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

In Windows, IE upgrade came with Windows update, if you need to uninstall IE 11 or other edition of IE, you can check installed updates, then find and choose uninstall it:

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 10, 2014 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can uninstall Internet Explorer by using the following steps given below:-

More:- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11-win-7

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, November 9, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

In Windows, IE upgrade came with Windows update, if you need to uninstall IE 11 or other edition of IE, you can check installed updates, then find and choose uninstall it:

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 10, 2014 8:38 AM