none
1809 built in VPN issue

Question

• I have found an issue with Windows 10 version 1809 and using the built in VPN connection.  

When I connect to my VPN, I can no longer connect to my RDWEB server.  I am able to get it to work by adding my Active Directory DNS server as primary, and 8.8.8.8 as my secondary.  This is a temp work around.

Another issue I have noticed, as I unchecked "Use default gateway on remote network" for the VPN.   I am pulling the public IP on my laptop from my office, instead of pulling the IP from my ISP. 

I updated another computer to 1809 and verified the issue. 

I also found these issues that sound related

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/9la6dp/rdp_issues_on_1809_via_vpn/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-routing-table-issues-on-1809/b3774295-5d80-48bb-ac8f-ecfb088e096e

I guess the real question, how do I submit the issue to Microsoft to fix the issue?

Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

For your question, you can use the built in feedback function to report this question.

You can type in "Feedback Hub" in cortana.

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by gsc73 Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:15 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 7:29 AM

All replies

• It seems changing the Network profile from Private to Public has made the VPN act "normal".  

Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

For your question, you can use the built in feedback function to report this question.

You can type in "Feedback Hub" in cortana.

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by gsc73 Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:15 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Is there a solution to Windows 10 1809 built-in vpn that does not work ? 

Friday, January 11, 2019 12:45 PM
  • Changing to Private to Public only works temporary.  I keep checking Windows updates, but the problem still exists.  The routing when connected to a VPN is not right, I have to keep my DNS set to my DC1, and a public DNS as a secondary.  

I have a few employees that have updated to 1809 too, and I am noticing other odd issues with other Clients VPN...only with Windows 10 Version 1809.  I will keep everyone on 1803 for now.

Friday, January 11, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Same issue here.  What a disaster, need a fix quickly.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:24 PM
  • yep, huge issue!  I also had a few users get the 1809.  I keep running Windows updates, like almost daily, but nothing yet.  I really hope 1903 fixes this, as its starting to cause major issues. 

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:58 PM
  • I think this weeks updates finally fixed the issue!  Thank you Microsoft!
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:34 PM