none
Replaced Physical NIC, now Virtual Network Devices seem to be working but Error on Default Miniport on Host RRS feed

• Question

• (Not sure if this was the right Forum -- Running Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012R2, please point me to the right one if not.)

I had to replace a physical NIC in my Windows Server 2012 R2 host machine. After doing that, I didn't see any related events in the Event Viewer, but there were yellow triangles over the 3 Hyper-V network devices in Device Manager on the host machine. And sure enough the VM had no network access. I have created a new Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter in the Hyper-V Manager (Virtual Switch Manager). Network function appears to be restored, but on the Host machine, one of the 3 devices with the yellow triangle is gone (don't recall what it says), the old Network Adapter and the Hyper-V Network Switch Default Miniport are both still there with the yellow triangle. I can't uninstall them (no error, but they don't go away).

Questions:

1. What is the Hyper-V Network Switch Default Miniport and do I need it working to have proper function for the VM?
    2. How do I remove the old Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter that is no longer in use?
    3. Is it typical when replacing a physical NIC that the virtual network would need to be re-created? If so, surely there's a reference for the right way to do this. Could you provide a link to that so I can see if I missed anything in the rush to get this working?

Thanks,
    Colin

Colin

Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:14 PM

All replies