Hyper-V + Digital signature RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have a problem with digital signature in ms office. When i opening file with signature, this document opened very long time approximate 10-20 second(until verify signature). It happens when files opened in virtual machine via Hyper-V(Windows 2012r2,Windows 2016, Windows 10 it's no matter) problem the same. But when I opened this file in other PC it opening immediately. Can somebody help?

Monday, August 20, 2018 6:58 AM

Answers

• Hello. We resolved this problem with firewall. Closed all outgoing  inquiry exepted thats necessary for us.
     I've tried many options for disabling telemetry using the registry, Group Policy, reinstalling the ms office without the telemetry component. Nothing helped except the firewall.
    • Marked as answer by True_NEXUS Friday, September 7, 2018 7:12 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Does the file work well if you open the document without digital signature in VM?

>>When i opening file with signature, this document opened very long time approximate 10-20 second(until verify signature).

Did you mean all the files with digital signature occur same issue? 

Please try to disable all third party applications like Anti-Virus application to test if it could reduce the waiting time.

In addition , you may have a try on using Network Monitor to trace a connection in problem and check the timestamp of each trace.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

• Marked as answer by True_NEXUS Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by True_NEXUS Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:38 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:01 AM
  • >>Does the file work well if you open the document without digital signature in VM?

Yes, file without digital signature opened immediately.

>>Did you mean all the files with digital signature occur same issue?

Yes, all files with signature.

Antivirus and other third party programs is not installed. - i tried clean install, the problem was the same.

I dont have this problem on host PC, only on virtual machines.

I use resourse monitor for check network loading when open winword.exe  
    Host         sent(byte/s)    received(byte/s)
                   420                 5800
    Hyper-V    sent(byte/s)    received(byte/s)
                   140                 22

May be, i need to apply some specifical settings on hyper-v network adapter/processor?

• Edited by True_NEXUS Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:08 AM
  • Hi ,

What's the file type? 

Office System files or non-Microsoft Office applications(such as adobe Photoshop document)?

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hello.

Files only Microsoft Office(word and excel).

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:52 AM
  • Hi ,

Please check if the following link is helpful:

Checklist: Optimizing Performance on Hyper-V

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/technical-guides/checklist-optimizing-performance-on-hyper-v

Also, you might try to disable VMQ feature and then check the result.

Best Regards,

Candy

Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:38 AM
  • Hi Candy,

Thank you for help and very useful article. But the problem was different.

On virtual machine I opened internet access. After that all may files with digital signature  became opening immediately. But when i closed internet access situation returned to begin.

Netmon showed me, that the ms office tryed to opened microsoft resouses. May be problem with telemetry?

How can I closed outbound requests from ms word and excel?

That's way not working.

File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings -> Privacy Options within the Office applications.

• Edited by True_NEXUS Friday, August 24, 2018 12:52 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2018 12:32 PM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for your update.

Regarding MS Office based issue, I suggest you refer to experts from Office forum to get professional support:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officesetupdeploy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officeitproprevious

I'll follow up this thread, if you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hello. We resolved this problem with firewall. Closed all outgoing  inquiry exepted thats necessary for us.
     I've tried many options for disabling telemetry using the registry, Group Policy, reinstalling the ms office without the telemetry component. Nothing helped except the firewall.
    • Marked as answer by True_NEXUS Friday, September 7, 2018 7:12 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 7:12 AM