none
Specific user can't see Actual Start and Actual Finish columns on Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• I have two users with the same exact permissions.  One can see the Actual start date and Actual finish date in the task summary view of the project in project web app.  The other user can't see the columns.  The user who can't see these columns has Microsoft project on her computer but not the professional version.  The user who CAN see the column has the professional version.  I'm running out of ideas as to why she can't see the columns.  She has the project checked out and has made changes but she can't publish it with out fixing these columns because there seems to be data in these 2 columns causing her entry to be scrabbled.  I added these 2 columns to the view after she had checked out the project.  I thought maybe that is why she can't see them so I had her go to another project that was published and checked in and she can't see the columns on that project either.  Any ideas? 

Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:40 PM

Answers

• Finally figured it out.  It only took a week and 3 people.  The user was looking at the wrong view.  "task summary" instead of "project details".  They can see the columns now.  On to the next problem!
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:59 PM

All replies

• Michelle --

Have the user float her mouse pointer over any of the column headers in the PWA view and select the Configure Columns item on the pick list.  In the dialog, have her select the checkboxes for the Actual Start and Actual Finish fields and then click the OK button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Finally figured it out.  It only took a week and 3 people.  The user was looking at the wrong view.  "task summary" instead of "project details".  They can see the columns now.  On to the next problem!
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:59 PM