Subscriptions Runtime Status - access denied RRS feed

• Question

• I've been troubleshooting this access denied problem all day.  I've gone over all the settings and recomendations and nothing worked.  Accidentally, I used a different setting for "Event Delivery Optimization" and suddenly it started working. The Normal setting works; Minimize Latency fails with Access Denied errors.  Anybody understand why?

Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Minimize Latency option ensures that events are delivered with minimal delay. It needs higher bandwidth than Normal option. If the bandwidth limitation is reached, it may cause errors.

Normal option is the appropriate choice unless you need tighter control over bandwidth usage or need forwarded events delivered as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Bruce

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:42 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Minimize Latency option ensures that events are delivered with minimal delay. It needs higher bandwidth than Normal option. If the bandwidth limitation is reached, it may cause errors.

Normal option is the appropriate choice unless you need tighter control over bandwidth usage or need forwarded events delivered as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Bruce

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:42 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:51 AM
  • I'll just add that in my situation I was getting the same errors, even though the testing checked out ok under the computer section of the collector.  I'm using a collector initiated setup on a 2012 R2 server.

It started working once I defined a user that has admin rights to the involved servers under the advanced settings, instead of leaving it set to Machine Account.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:25 PM