none
Brief description about FIM 2010 R2 and ADFS on windows server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

We have multiple domains in our company. And now we want to synchronize all domain's active directory users or groups onto one domain.

I searched little bit about FIM and found out that using FIM we can sync active directories of multiple domain or systems.

Can anyone please help me to understand how this process work in brief?

I appreciate your help

Friday, May 31, 2013 4:35 PM

Answers

• Welcome Swetha

You can send a new Password to the new Active Directory through FIM by making Sync Rule but password sync with multiple Active Directory is a thing, I am not sure off.

Regards

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Swetha,

Yes, synchronization with multiple Adcive Directories is possible with FIM. FIM will import the users from multiple Active Directories and export to a single Active Directory. This process can even join the attributes of user if the it is coming from more than one source.

Regards

Monday, June 3, 2013 3:32 PM
  • Hello Manuj

Thanks for your response. So besides synchronization of users and its attributes, it will sync passwords as well,right?

Thanks again

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Welcome Swetha

You can send a new Password to the new Active Directory through FIM by making Sync Rule but password sync with multiple Active Directory is a thing, I am not sure off.

Regards

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Hello Manuj

That's ok..I think Password sync is possible but there should be trust between those two active directory.

Thanks

Thursday, June 6, 2013 5:26 PM