none
Error Message when sending out Shifts RRS feed

• Question

• Our users are reporting a message when they attempt to send out shifts to the first line workers:

"Can't share shifts:

We ran into a problem sharing shifts. Please try again. Something went wrong. Please check your internet connection and try again."

No one is reporting any connection issues (network spans across city), and the shifts appear to still share despite the error message. Is anyone else having this problem?

We are currently using Office 365 and use AAD. Thanks!

Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:25 PM

Answers

• Well, just like every other issue I have with Teams, this issue seems to have self-resolved for now. I have a completely separate issue now, which is ongoing, but I will open another ticket for that one. 
    • Marked as answer by Sharon Angus Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:34 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Sharon Angus,

Does this problem persist all the time?

Make sure that Shifts is enabled in your organization. You can check it in Microsoft Teams admin center, go to Teams apps > Permission policies > Org-wide settings > Blocked apps.

If your organization is migrated from StaffHub, please check whether StaffHub license is activated. Go to Microsoft 365 admin center > Users > Active users > user account > Licenses and apps > Apps > Microsoft StaffHub. If it is not checked, please check it, save the changes and test whether the issue persists.

Moreover, you could try to sign in Microsoft Teams on Web in the external network. If Shift app works fine from external network, you should update proxy setting: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges

For more information about Shifts App, please refer to the following links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/expand-teams-across-your-org/shifts/manage-the-shifts-app-for-your-organization-in-teams

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-app-permission-policies

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 2:58 AM
  • Hey Sharon

It doesn't appear to be consistent. I'd have to ask the supervisors. I'm IT and support the application for our workers, so I don't actually use it on a daily basis. Although it does appear that the shifts are still being shared despite the warning. 

Shifts is enabled on Teams Admin, and allow all apps is enabled in the policies. 

We've never used StaffHub and only just started using Teams in our organisation since October so that is not an issue. 

I went over the documents you linked and everything looks good. 

Friday, January 3, 2020 10:29 PM
  • Hi Sharon Angus,

Can you confirm that when the message prompt, the information you want to send out Shifts to the first line workers is shared instantly? Or, there is a delay.

If there is a delay, it should be related to the network environment.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 6:43 AM
  • Hey Sharon,

There is no delay as far as I can see. I've tested it by sharing it myself and it reflects what the workers are experiencing. What happens is you share the shift, get the message, and then close the error message and the shifts have been shared (the Share with team button is greyed out). 

Sharon 

Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:37 PM
  • Hi Sharon Angus,

It’s so strange. I have no good idea about this issue now. I will do a discussion with my colleague. If there is any update, I will share with you.

If you have any update, please feel free to drop us a note.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, January 10, 2020 8:35 AM
  • Hey Sharon,

Thank you. I'm pretty stumped too. Thankfully, this error isn't causing any real problems like preventing our workers from sharing shifts, it's mostly an inconvenience so far. 

Sharon

Friday, January 10, 2020 3:00 PM
  • Hi Sharon Angus,

Maybe you can check if the client log has any related error message by right clicking the Teams icon in the toolbars > Get logs.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:05 AM
  • Hey Sharon,

Here is a link to the resulting logs. I know the error expressed itself on January 6th for one of our users in case you're looking for a specific error, it might be easier to find if you go straight to that date. 

Thanks!

Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:10 PM
  • Hi Sharon Angus,

I viewed the log and didn’t find the direct error message about Shifts App. It is no good idea for now. 

I have deleted the log file in case that some private information mentioned in it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:31 AM
  • Thanks, Sharon.

Is there anything else you could think of that might be causing this issue? I've been doing daily searches but it doesn't even appear that anyone else has experienced this issue at all. 

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:37 PM
  • Hi Sharon Angus,

Do you mean that other users don’t meet the same issue?

Does this issue only exist on the team owner?

Do you do some changes before this issue happened?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:55 AM
  • Hey Sharon,

It is always owners who have this problem when sharing the shifts, but it doesn't happen every time, and it happens no matter the speed of their connection. 

No changes have been made on our end which is why it is so confusing for us. 

Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:32 PM
  • Hi Sharon Angus,

This issue really confuses me. I have no good idea for now. 

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, January 24, 2020 9:30 AM
  • Well, just like every other issue I have with Teams, this issue seems to have self-resolved for now. I have a completely separate issue now, which is ongoing, but I will open another ticket for that one. 
    • Marked as answer by Sharon Angus Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:34 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:34 PM