none
Resource Initial field is read only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working with project online/project pro and the (enterprise) user resource initials cannot be changed. It is a read only field for any user in the system.  Any idea on how to set custom initials for enterprise resources???

Regards,

Wim 

Friday, April 10, 2015 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Wim,

Where are you trying to change the user's initials? If you are trying directly in the project resource sheet in MS Project Pro, then it is indeed impossible since it is an enterprise data. It can be changed :

• Either editing the user's information from PWA, server settings, manage users,
    • From the resource center, select the resource(s), open it/them in MS Project Pro and update the initials column.

Note that the second option is more suitable in case you have many users to update.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, April 10, 2015 9:25 AM
  • Our project online doesnt have a "manage users" in Server settings.

It only has a Resource Center, but like I said, when I open that in project pro, the "Initial" column is read only.

On every interface in project online/ProjectPro where I can see initials, it's read only.

Friday, April 10, 2015 4:32 PM
  • Hello Wim,

i have the same Problem. Do you know how to edit the Initials now?

Thanks for your help. 

Regards,

Ann-Christin

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 12:09 PM
  • I am doing the second option and it is still read-only when trying to edit in Project Pro. Has anyone had any luck with this issue? Having to edit individually in PWA will take a LONG time.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:39 PM
  • While one may say this is enterprise resource and should not be edited in Project Pro, the problem now is that the initials canNOT be edited even in PWA. This is not a key column, why is it protected?
    Friday, March 2, 2018 1:25 AM
  • It is  because it looks like you are using SharePoint Permissions mode, where the authentication mode is different.

If you switch to Project Server Permissions mode you will be able to edit the initials. Is it worth changing permission mode to change the initials is a call you have to make.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, March 2, 2018 5:48 PM
  • Yes, we may be limited by the sharepoint permission mode. Actually without knowing all the difference, we decided to go with the default mode first. I don't want to further dive into which one is better.

To resolve this problem, can we delete the enterprise resource whose initials was protected by this permission mode? We can then define a new enterprise resource whose has the right initials.

I cannot even find the delete function at all and hope that PWA has any good solution for such simple resource management.  

Cheers.

Toby HO CF

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 7:35 AM