SharePoint 2010 People picker not able to validate all ids RRS feed

• Question

• We are having issues while adding some of the users to sharepoint site. The People picker field is not able to validate some of the users.

Is there any setting to be made on the SharePoint farm to add all the users to site?

Thanks in Advance

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:19 AM

All replies

• Can you elaborate a bit about what you mean when you say it's not able to validate some of the users?

Are you receiving an error? Is it not finding the users (i.e. returning no results)? Is this in the text field or the Select Users and Groups dialog box? Are the users you are searching for in the same domain as SharePoint? Are they windows users? FBA or SAML?

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Maybe sharepoint is not connected to AD and hence it is picking up only those users who are permitted on the machine.

Sharepoint Dummy

Friday, August 24, 2012 9:40 AM
  • Hello

Have you Configured PeoplePicker to Search only that Particular Site Collection

Please share People Picker Configuration

Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I am searching users in select people and group dialog box. these are all windows users.

There is a problem in adding some of the users to the SharePoint site, i am able to add some of the users to the site with in the same AD

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:49 AM
  • Thanks of your reply.

SharePoint is connected to AD, because i am able to add some of the users from the same AD

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Thanks RKakkar for your reply.

we have made no specific configuration, but the people picker is able to recognize most of the users and the problem is for some of the users.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:51 AM
  • Hi,

Check this article:

http://joelblogs.co.uk/2011/06/02/sharepoint-2010-peoplepicker-not-finding-active-directory-users/

Let us know if it could resolve your problem

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:01 AM
  • Is it finding older users, but not new users? Could be an issue with the user crawl.

If the groups/users have just been added, it can take some time to replicate from the AD server.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:27 PM
  • Hi Hemendra,

I have tried to set the active directory path , but still same issue.

Monday, September 3, 2012 10:36 AM
  • yes it is not able to find new users.

where can i check the crawl status ( is this similar to Search crawl)?

Monday, September 3, 2012 10:37 AM
  • In the CA - Application Mgmnt - Manage service applications - User Profile Service Application -  Start Profile Synchronisation

It might take about 20-30 mins depending on the number of users.

Sharepoint Dummy

Monday, September 3, 2012 10:40 AM