Need SBSL SDP Manifest RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Embedded Standard 7 distribution that is very slow to boot.  I have used xbootmgr/xperf to isolate the issue is in sub-phase 1 (presmss).  I've looked into whether the drivers are signed by collecting the boot events into a CSV then running signtool on the drivers: the USB drivers (from microsoft) are what report they are not signed.  All the USB ports seem to be working, so the unsigned driver issue is certainly curious if not particularly useful.

I have also attempted to activate boot logging via a serial port.  There is very little information I see during the presmss phase.  Perhaps a special kernel is required for this?  I have not found a special kernel, so I've gotten all the information from this tool as far as I know.

I would like to get a copy of the "SBSL SDP Manifest" (recommended in article 10128) to assist in debugging the issue.  Existing public tools such as the performance toolkit are not giving me enough information to debug this issue.  I suspect being able to see when the driver gets loaded vs. when the driver claims it has completed will give the information I need, but I don't see how to get that from xperf.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:17 PM

Answers

All replies