failed: WinRM cannot complete the operation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i running win2k16 with hyper-v and connect to hyper-v remotely, my remote machine have 2 interface, one for internet and other for specific machine (specific machine dont connect to internet and have internal address 10.0.0.x) and the interface in public network.

now my problem with WinRm: 

[Main Instruction]
    An error occurred while attempting to connect to server "QALAB". Check that the Virtual Machine Management service is running and that you are authorized to connect to the server.

[Content]
    The operation on computer 'QALAB' failed: WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet.

[Close]

i fix it by disable the network interface with local address (public network) and do reboot to machine and then it working and i can enable the interface again but the problem always comeback after few days and because i have 15 computers such this one it very annoy to do this solution everytime, have some other way to fix this problem? 

i need WinRM will look only after domain network interface and not the public one

Monday, December 4, 2017 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on the scenario, it looks like the WinRM traffic always goes out from the interface in the public network with higher priority.

In Windows Server 2016, you can configure the order of network interfaces. The method is different from the previous Windows system. You should use Get-NetIPInterface cmdlet to retrieve the value for InterfaceMetric, and then use Set-NetIPInterface to configure the high priority interface with lower value for Interface Metric.

You can learn more by referring to the following documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/network-subsystem/net-sub-interface-metric

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 8:25 AM