Windows 7 is very slow and choppy untill 15-30 minutes after startup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have windows 7 home premium, and it had worked just fine untill a few months ago. When I start it up, the cursor is slow, and choppy, typing lags, sound is choppy, and its just altogether slow. But after being on for a while, it goes right back to how it used to be. I ran a disk defragmenter, and a junk scan, which when I saw the results, I realized it was long overdue. that didn't do anything except free up 4 gigs of memory. Any help is appreciated.
    Friday, July 16, 2010 2:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since it worked normally a few month ago, System Restore is always your first choice.

If System Restore doesn’t recover the problem, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Clean Boot your  system to test if the issue occurs.

2.     Boot in Safe Mode and see the results.

3.     Create a new user account for a test.

4.     Is it a laptop or a Desktop PC? You can go to Device Manager, reinstall the keyboard and mouse.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:11 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 5:30 AM
  • Hi Poolshark

In addition with respected Dale Qio, to speed up your OS visit these links that i have provided below. In these links there are some tips n tricks to disable some unwanted services that are the main causes of slow system running.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Asad Bukhari Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:42 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since it worked normally a few month ago, System Restore is always your first choice.

If System Restore doesn’t recover the problem, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Clean Boot your  system to test if the issue occurs.

2.     Boot in Safe Mode and see the results.

3.     Create a new user account for a test.

4.     Is it a laptop or a Desktop PC? You can go to Device Manager, reinstall the keyboard and mouse.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, July 19, 2010 5:30 AM
  • Hi Poolshark

In addition with respected Dale Qio, to speed up your OS visit these links that i have provided below. In these links there are some tips n tricks to disable some unwanted services that are the main causes of slow system running.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Asad Bukhari Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:42 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 11:28 AM
  • i have too this problem, this is error happen only if you download updates from "Windows Update Center". I reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate and all okey ) Now i have a slight decrease in performance, but it's better than every 2 minutes from 60 fps = 10 fps in games (helped only alt + tab)
    Monday, July 19, 2010 4:35 PM